Subject: [Leica] Ground resolution, or details available from Hasselblad medium format vs. Leica 35mm
From: krieger at usc.edu (Martin Krieger)
Date: Thu Mar 24 13:11:11 2005

If I understand things correctly, the larger focal length of the
Hasselblad's Biogon (38mm) gives twice the ground resolution or detail that
the 19mm Elmarit will give if they have the same quality of film, and if
both lenses had similar MTFs.

feature-resolution/distance = on-film-resolution/focal-length. That is, if
we change the focal length from the Elmarit-R to SWC/M Biogon, we'll get
twice the feature-resolution  if both lenses have fairly similar MTF's,
using 35mm film for the Elmarit and 120 for the SWC/M. The distance is the
same to get the same objects on the film..

Am I making good sense here?

MK