Subject: [Leica] Death Valley
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Thu Mar 24 13:13:07 2005

Frank wrote:
"I have been to Death Valley maybe 4 times.  Never saw a single cloud.
Where did you find them?
Really nice landscapes.  beautiful images.  Nice gradations in the sand."

Thank you, Frank; I appreciate comments from an experienced landscape
photographer. Clouds are one of the reasons I like to visit the deserts
early in the year, even if it means getting drenched once in a while. (With
sunrise at 6, one can also sleep until 5am.) I keep going back to the dunes
because they are very challenging, especially in black and white. Alas, they
are such a popular subject with photographers that it is very difficult to
frame an image that doesn't have foot prints all over it, especially if
there hasn't been any wind at night. One of my posted images even has a
photographer in it; I decided to keep him for scale comparison.
Regards, Oliver