Subject: [Leica] Some California native plants in bloom from the front yard
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Mar 24 17:39:33 2005

Here are a selection of California native flowers and grasses from the
collection of natives in our front yard.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2005/03/24/NativePlants/>

All shot with the 100 APO and 1Ds on tripod.

The prostate manzinita is a TINY flower. The one you're seeing is a
crop to about half-frame with the lens was as close as I could get to
the blossom and still achieve focus. When working this close it's hard
to know the relationship between the film plane and the plane of the
flower's blossom.

I'm looking for how to make the grasses into art. The prints are
better by far than what you're seeing on the screen.

Thanks for looking and any comments are most welcome.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] Some California native plants in bloom from the front yard)