Subject: [Leica] OT: Canon accessory viewfinders
From: ealadner at comcast.net (Eric Ladner)
Date: Thu Mar 24 21:18:15 2005

My apologies for a non-Leica question, but I received only one reply to
this on the Rangefinder List's Canon section, and I hoped the assembled
expertise here might help. I'm not really primarily interested in the
value (although I'm curious about it), but I would like to know more
about the sportsfinder, since I haven't located any mention of it
online. Was it rare, or just not interesting? Anything in Dechert?

One other question that I forgot to put in the original message: each
of the finders has a slot cut through and almost all the way lengthwise
on one side of the mounting foot. (visible in the pictures mentioned
below). What could this be for?

Many thanks,
--Eric

 >> Years ago I picked up a couple of Canon finders at a close-out sale:
a 100mm bright frame finder (with auto-parallax adjustment) and a
multi->> frame sportsfinder (which may be called an "OLEX"). I think I
payed $2 each, but it's been a long time.

 >>  The other day, I was surprised to see a similar 100mm finder on a
certain auction site, with a starting bid of $159. I also noticed,
though, that >> no one had bid on it.

 >>  It's fairly easy to find information on the black "Lumi-field"
finders, but I can't find anything at all on the sportsfinder. Does
anyone have any >> >> information on it, and maybe some idea about
realistic values for the two finders (since it looks like $159 won't
fly)?