Subject: [Leica] Workplace camera policies
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Mar 26 14:53:47 2005

Peter Klein asked:

> and go out and shoot on my lunch hour.  I guess I have two choices.  I can
> turn my camera in at our reception desk in the morning and pick it up at
> lunch and when I leave.  Or I can leave it locked in my car in the parking
> garage under the building.<<<

Hi Peter,
 I suppose questions.  Have any of the cars been broken into before and or
is the garage a locked facility for your company only??

> > You can understand that I'm reluctant to do either of the above,
> > especially
> with a Leica.  I'm also a little reluctant to ask for too much
> clarification.  I do not wish to call attention to myself and have my
> career prospects influenced by a security officer in another city who does
> not know me and decides I'm a "problem."  Nor do I wish to invite my car
> to be broken into.<<<

Your reluctance is normal, but even if you leave your camera in the car
it'll be out of sight in any event.  I'd not have any problem leaving it in
the trunk as I always leave mine, or several of them with an old blanket
thrown over it as far in the trunk as I can get. Sure I've been lucky.
However, I'm the eternal optimist and work on... "out of sight... out of
mind!"

 "I do not wish to call attention to myself and have my career prospects
influenced by a security officer in another city who does not know me and
decides I'm a "problem."  <<<<

Better in the trunk than possibly out in the cold because you asked a simple
question. :-(  Given the tenure of the day I'd just go quietly and opt for
the trunk under an old blanket!

ted

" <pklein@2alpha.net>