Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Mar 27 05:12:18 2005

This is the time of year in the U.S. when seniors who have applied to
highly selective schools are pretty nervous.  In the school counseling
process they are told about Andover students who had great grades and
test scores who are not admitted to any universities.  When these young
adults tour the campuses all the admissions people talk about the
importance of taking the toughest classes as well as social activity,
the fact that they receive ten to twenty applications for every spot
available.

Toward the end of February, my daughter was bemoaning the fact that she
had not started an orphanage for tsunami victims in our back yard. Every
day that one of her friends crowed about being accepted at another
school was both a good day and a very bad day: as a parent I could not
tell her that the only admission worth being excited about was her
friend's acceptance to Yale, the others were mid tier schools hoping to
get lucky.

Thursday night two of her acceptable schools called with acceptance and
one a large merit scholarship: I was lucky enough to capture her dancing
through the house in a tiara and a pink feather boa:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album143/maryaccepted

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com