Subject: [Leica] Dali
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sun Mar 27 08:17:14 2005

Although I already had been 2 times to the Dali Museum in Figueras, Spain,
today I went to Rotterdam, the Netherlands, to the Boijmans Van Beuninghen
Museum, where an interesting exposition of Dali's work is taking place till
june '05.

I'm not a real afficionado of his work -inventive but too too much
manierism- but I'm mentioning it because there are a lot of fantastic photos
he "directed" (made by Philippe Halsman): almost all one shots, no montage
involved, just endlessly shooting untill the right picture emerged:

http://www.alldali.org/ENG/articles_left/Photography.php

These days this kind of shots would be done differently ;-)

I'd really recommend this exposition for those passing through Rotterdam.
I'm sure a few Luggers are living in the surroundings.

(and if you plan to make a weekend of it, I'd recommend Hotel New York, too)

Two shots I made while there:

http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/Rotterdam/

One is of the entrance of the Museum. Really impressive and very Dali.
The other is from a building right across the street, the NIA (Nederlands
Instituut voor Architectuur), a school where the future of Dutch
Architecture is invented.

As you will see, the photos are just to document and nothing fancy: it was a
dull day and I was not in a good photo mood.

Cheers and happy snappin'
Philippe

Replies: Reply from woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell) ([Leica] Dali)