Subject: [Leica] OT: external hard disk size
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Mar 30 11:39:56 2005

Go online and check MTBF numbers. I haven't shopped drives
in more than 18 mo's, but I recall that the 10K RPM drives
(not the biggest ones) also generally had higher MTBF specs.
Also shop SCSI drives for high reliability (but check the #'s).

Of course, the reliability route is not anywhere close to consumer
$$/MB kind of figures.

Scott