Subject: [Leica] RE: scenes from the OR ...paw 15
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Mar 30 16:28:11 2005

Steve Barbour offered:
> just one of those discouraging times when  I saw the image there  in front
> of me... but just couldn't make the photo live up to the promise...
>
> that's tough patouties....
>
> onwards...<

Right on Steve mon ami. And do remember you are not alone in this kind of
"see-shoot-situation" in the OR and it didn't work out in print! Photo life
is like that as you well know.

If I had a dollar for every frame I've shot in the OR's of North America and
Russia and they didn't turn out for exactly the reason you say, quite
frankly I'd be a very rich, 'er photographer. ;-)

I mean those beautiful photographs of doctors and nurses in the OR in our
book "Women in Medicine" produced thousands of frames that at the moment of
shooting looked really cool. But in the final look on the contact proof
sheets they didn't cut it! No matter what we thought at the time of
exposure.
Life is like that!
ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] RE: scenes from the OR ...paw 15)