Subject: [Leica] What is truth: A photograph was is
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Thu Mar 31 04:21:30 2005

Bill Smith wrote:
> Are you on some kind of drugs? government/ religion love the truth?
>
> Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@pix-that-stimulate.com> wrote:
> > Advertisers, spin doctors and journalists LOVE truth. They even invent
> > it. The government loves truth. Any government!
>
> I forgot! Religion! They love the truth. They have the truth. The only
> truth.

You missed Tarek's point, which I believe is that government,
religion, et al. love the truth so much that they will make it up,
even when none exists.  Dogma as truth.

Anyway, I am not a Relativist; but I believe that Truth is a Western,
Platonic hangover and does not "exist".   And even if I did believe that
it "exists", the idea that  a photograph is "It",  is ludicrous.

Or are we confused about Truth and Reality ?

- Phong