Subject: [Leica] Carl Mydans
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Sep 25 19:25:32 2004

NINETY-SEVEN?! But I guess that makes sense, given that Life was
launched, when, in 1936? Eugene Smith, Mydans, Eisenstadt,
Cartier-Bresson, George Thams - I don't know about the kids on this
list, but the 35 shooters grew up on are disappearing fast...or are
already long dead. I think George Rodger is still alive, the last
original member of Magnum...But he's got to be in his late 80s, if not
older. Ah well...Actually, it's more than a bit ironic that the
generation that pioneered 35 mm film photography and film are
disappearing at about the same time. ;-)

B. D.