Subject: [Leica] chasing a bee
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Sat Apr 2 10:26:39 2005

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/view_album.php?page=1<<<<<<<<<
>

> Hi Simon,
> One thing to keep in mind when you show a series like this .......
>
> "DO NOT PUT ANY OF THE OUT OF FOCUS OR SOFT IMAGES IN!" Period! Never,
> ever!
>
> Dump them, as they'll never get well! Even if you put them in a drawer for
> 6 months in the hope they'll get sharp, trust me they wont! Been there,
> tried it! And I failed! ;-) Best to turf them right away and get over it
> without dragging out your angst about blowing a few frames..
>
> I know they look kind of neat, but instead of showing the OOF images and
> pulling down the very good ones, all you do by showing them is your lack
> of ability and skill with the manual focus-long lens combination.
>
> Besides, the OOF images pull down the over all look of the series. Like I
> said... live with it and just throw them into File 13 right off! Besides
> you should never show or admit you've shot stuff out of focus! ;-)
>
> You are not alone blowing frames under these conditions of a running
> child, hell I've done it with athletes at the Olympics, and sure one feels
> bad. But that isn't going to make them any sharper, that's photo life!
> Live with it and shoot more to improve your handling skill.
>
> Besides it's no easy task hand holding, manual focusing, advancing film
> and keeping it all in focus on a running child! :-)  On the whole, you did
> very well and that's all the more reason not to show some that are OOF!
>
> ted

Thanks for your wise comments Ted.
As i answered earlier to Don,s post i will remove the folder after my better
half has had a chance to see them abroad.
simon

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] chasing a bee)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] chasing a bee)