Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW John Lewis
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Apr 3 04:51:59 2005

John Lewis gave a speech at my daughter's school on the 40th anniversary
of the civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery Alabama.  Commonly
called Bloody Sunday the peaceful marchers were assaulted by police and
state troopers before they could leave Selma.

Possibly not as well known as Martin Luther King, Ralph Abernathy, or
Hosea Williams, John Lewis was at the core of the non violent protests
leading to the passage of the civil rights legislation in the mid
sixties.

First up is a standard reportage image:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album143/johnlewisprofile

Second is an image that I think better captures this man and his spirit:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album143/johnlewisinspires

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com