Subject: [Leica] how to verificate a real/fake IIc leica
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Sun Apr 3 06:23:21 2005

Help needed

I am currently selling a Leic IIc with series nr. 446543

On the front leatherette it has to metal screws apx. 12 mm from the buttom
but not screws on the upper part of the leatherrette.
I does have the lever to adjust the rangfinder "under" the revind knob

Someone is writing me and he is convinced that it is a fake - I believe it
is not as fakes use to have 4 screws on the leatherrette front and I have
not seen a fakes with the lever for adjusting the rangefinder.

http://my.qxl.dk/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=17267088&ListingType=0&ListingSort=1&PageNum=1&Catg=21085

The camera is mounted with a FED wich is abvously not a Leica nor is it
pretending to be

If anyone on this list could spare the time and look at the pictures and
tell me if it looks real or fake - I would take it off instantly if it is a
fake.

Thank you very much

Ruben

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] how to verificate a real/fake IIc leica)