Subject: [Leica] B.D. PAW
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 3 12:02:44 2005

B. D. Colen  showed:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/B-D-COLEN-PAW/ChooseLifebw
> Shot same place as last week, a week later.
> Comments, criticisms, critiques welcome.

Hi B.D.,
If I have anything she doesn't look the least bit happy about "Choosing
LIFE!" I mean isn't one suppose to look happy about life? Whereas she looks
like she's about ready to die instead. Or maybe it's the pouring rain!

I do not think it's any where near the quality of last week's picture on the
same subject.

> (Shot, btw, with Olympus E-1 unprotected in pouring rain, with 150 f 2 -
> (35mm equiv of 300 f2). Did my shooting, threw wet camera onto back
> seat, did week's grocery shopping. Drove home, put groceries away, wiped
> off what water was left on camera and lens. No fogging. No leaking. No
> special drying.)<<<<<<<,

One thing here and it may save a smashed or banged for repair camera some
day..:-( I don't care how you handled the camera wet and all, but you put it
in the wrong place!!!!!!!

>>>threw wet camera onto back seat, <<<<<<

In this case you should have ...... "thrown it on the floor!" This avoids a
hard braking quick stop of vehicle and camera flying off the seat to
wherever or possibly into oblivion!! :-(

I never put cameras on the seat anytime if the car is going to be rolling,
as I learned the hard way many years ago of an emergency brake stomp and a
Rollieflex flying off the seat into the dash and smashing it badly requiring
extensive repairs. :-( So I make a point ever since of telling other
shooters not to "put your camera on any seat." Always on the floor! Period!

ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] B.D. PAW)