Subject: [Leica] Alkaline vs Silver 625 replacement batteries
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 7 22:05:19 2005

In a message dated 4/6/2005 9:04:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
john.o.newell@comcast.net writes:
This is probably a dumb question; in fact, I hope it is, but I'm cautious
about making assumptions.  I'm wondering whether anyone has had, or can
think of,
any issues in using a silver 625 cell in a camera that originally used a
mercury 625 cell but has been recalibrated for an alkaline 625  cell.  This
would
be a change from 1.5v nominal to 1.55v nominal, which seems like it would be
difference so small that it would be easily lost in the noise (examples:
didn't precisely center needle; didn't pick precisely correct area to meter)
or at
least would be well within the latitude of even color reversal film.
Yes/no/maybe?

When I had my Leicaflex SL CLA'd by Leica NJ last year, I haqd them update
the battery calibration to what they suggested to replace the battery.  They
recalibrated it for the Alkaline 625 batteries.  Works just fine with proper
battery life.

Gene