Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: Lobby K&S to carry the Epson R-D1 (Note for Northern California people)
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Apr 8 21:07:51 2005

At 08:57 PM 4/8/2005, Christopher Driggett wrote:

>I was in my local camera dealer this afternoon (Keeble $ schucket, Palo
>Alto, CA)  buying a Leica 90mm f/2 ASPH APO lens and they were all a buzz
>about my R-D1. I talked to them about why they did not carry the camera
>and they

You were? I went in there to buy a box of E-6 chemical this afternoon :-)

>said only Sammy's in LA and B&H carried them. I informed them that I drove
>to the city (S.F.) and bought mine from Calumet.  They seemed shocked.
>They said after handling the camera they were going to contact Epson to
>try to get a couple in.  Now all you penninsula, South Bay people please
>call K&S and tell them you want your R-D1! (Refering to the old MTV
>commercial about calling the cable operating and saying I want my MTV)
>Cheers,
>Chris

They saw in a few months ago when I took them in, but there are many
salespeople there. They said at that time they may contact Epson then too,
but I don't think anything came out of that.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from driggett at mac.com (Christopher Driggett) ([Leica] Slightly OT: Lobby K&S to carry the Epson R-D1 (Note for Northern California people))