Subject: [Leica] Re:leica digital back; now marketing will save Leica?
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Sun Apr 10 12:26:22 2005

Thank you for your answer.  I still think $400 is a lot to spend on a well
used digital camera that can be bought new for $1,100.

I am sure you can sell your D100 for $500-600 and get a new one for the cost
of an overhaul?

Digital cameras will not last forever, unlike a Leica M3.  Anything that is
not long lasting is regarded as 'disposable' by me.  1999 wasn't that long
ago.

As a distributor of a well known Japanese consumer electronics manufacturer,
I am a bit cynical when it comes to electronic products.

I have a mountain-load of Nikon D70 that I cannot give them away for US$749.
I cannot dispose of these disposable cameras!

Joseph

on 11/4/05 3:09 am, Christopher Williams at leicachris@worldnet.att.net

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:leica digital back; now marketing will save Leica?)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Re:leica digital back; now marketing will save Leica?)