Subject: [Leica] leica digital back-initial test results
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Apr 10 13:02:19 2005

That's absolutely true - and I'm 'guilty' of the same sin. But we're not
talking about a lens, which will unquestionably outlive it's owner, or
an M or R ;-) body which will do the same. Don't forget, the DMR is a
complicated electronic add-on, built by a company that is notably weak
on electronics. And even if electronics were Leica's forte, everyone
here has been talking endlessly about the limited shelf-life of digital
cameras. So a BACK with a limited life-span for $6K, or even $4K for
that matter, is comparatively much, much more expensive than an
expensive M or R lens that your grandchildren will use.