Subject: [Leica] Was: For B.D. | Now: Leica 4/3
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Apr 10 13:46:21 2005

>Given Panasonic's recent announcements of involvement in the 4/3 format,
>and Panasonic's involvement with Leica, and Erwin's  (alleged) not exactly
>arm's length relationship with Leica, could this point to a future Leica
>involvement in the 4/3 format?

There are rumours about a participation of Leica in the 4/3 format since a
while (I don't think Erwin Puts has much to do with that), but after what
I've heard Leica's financial troubles are actually so big that they have to
focus their resources on DMR and digital M.

But I could imagine a licensing thing like with the Digilux II - a mainly
Panasonic engineered 4/3 camera body (may be with some finetuning at
Solms), with Leica labeled lenses on it.

As long as Olympus does not produce superfast, non-zoom 4/3 lenses, there
could be a niche for Leica 4/3 Summi- or Noctiluxes. I'd love that.

Didier

Replies: Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] Was: For B.D. | Now: Leica 4/3)
Message from jbilin at axionet.com (B Bradbury) ([Leica] For B.D.)