Subject: [Leica] Olympus E-1 vs. Digilux II
From: cmbrow at wm.edu (cmbrow@wm.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 11 11:24:47 2005

Perhaps it is naive of me to state it, but all these recent
developments (including Putz's remarkable assessment of the
E1) seem to lay to rest the question of whether the 4/3 system
is a viable entity in the photographic marketplace.

I confess to some personal interest in this, because I've
acquired two pieces of Zukio glass (11-22/28.3.5 and 50/2)
that continue flatly to blow me away, and I relish the
prospect of an upward migration path without fear of having to
abandon them.  When the new Zukio 14-35/2 appears, my Noct
goes on the market.

And just mildly to weigh in on the noise issue, I can count
the number of times that I've used film with an ISO rating
over 400 in the past 25 years on the fingers of both hands.
It's simply a non-issue for me, and,as BD's been saying all
along, the E1 with its present sensor produces superb images
at ISO 800 with only minimal post-processing.

Chandos

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Olympus E-1 vs. Digilux II)
Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Olympus E-1 vs. Digilux II)