Subject: [Leica] Macro comparison - final test
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Apr 13 10:53:56 2005

Henning,
you may well be right, I mentioned this possibility a while back.

Here's a group of shots, without any curved planes, and giving an
impression of the depth of focus in each shot. A test where it s
impossible not to have the sharpest point visible on some part of the image.
I think it reveals what I mentioned in my first posts on this subject:
1) The colour rendition of the Leica lens is warmer (richer)
2) The Yashica lens is a little sharper but has a cooler rendition
    (typically Zeiss-like)

cheers
Douglas

Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re: Macro comparison)