Subject: [Leica] Olympus E-1 vs. Digilux II
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Apr 13 12:57:48 2005

There is absolutely no question that what Canon has done in terms of
noise is nothing short of miraculous - the 20D and EOS1DmkII at 800 are
better cleaner than tri-x at 400, and even at 1600 the results look like
film at 800 - really amazing. That said, like Chandos, I have found the
E-1 noise level at 800 to be more than acceptable, and at 1600 to be
usable. I just wish I had the really fast lenses.