Subject: [Leica] Re: Aaron's PAW 15: Prego in DC
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Tue Apr 19 07:21:11 2005

Eric wrote:
>B.D. wrote:
>
> >The top one is lovely, Aaron - photographically I really like the bottom
> >one, but after seeing the first of the three, I have to say that it does
> >your wife so little justice, that she'd probably kill you for displaying
> >it - even though it's an excellent photo. ;-)
>
>My thoughts, too, Aaron.  I was going to say pretty much this same thing,
>but B.D. beat me to it.
>
>I wish her face were visible in the ones with the cherry blossoms.  I like
>the idea of that one.
>
>--
>Eric
>http://canid.com/

The cherry blossom shot wasn't quite as I'd hoped, either, Eric.  That was
one of those sudden idea kind of things that occurred on the spot...we
squeezed in between the families lining up for their photos all around the
Tidal Basin and took that one quick snap before heading off for
lunch.  Afterwards I wondered if that might be a cute gimmick along the
lines of those folks who dragged that old chair (rocking?) around the
country photographing it, or those folks who carried those stuffed animals
around photographing them in front of tourist attractions...why not the
pregnant belly in front of Mount Rushmore, or wherever?  Anyway, I won't be
doing it for this pregnancy, but maybe next time!

I see what you mean about the face, but I'd actually been wondering about
going in the opposite direction and cropping in tight:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_15/images/00950018crop.jpg
(original here: http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_15/images/00950018.jpg)

>p.s.  Congrats!!  :)

Thanks!