Subject: [Leica] Photojournalists and permission
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Apr 19 10:22:13 2005

Let's be straight here - if you ask permission to shoot, you are, in
effect, posing, because you have told the person that you intend to take
a photograph, and therefore have turned what would have been a candid
photo of a natural moment into a photo session with an aware,
specifically cooperating subject. This is not to say that such photos
are "bad," but simply to point out that the former and the latter are
two very different things.