Subject: [Leica] Photojournalists and permission
From: yup at pacbell.net (doug kim)
Date: Tue Apr 19 14:25:23 2005

legally, any image used for advertising purposes requires a model
release/consent form. a photo used for the cover of a book is considered
advertising; the photos inside the book are considered editorial and do not
require a model release or permission. newspapers are considered editorial.

shooting without permission is legal in the US, hence the whole "upskirt"
controversy.

i try to shoot candids as much as possible. i will ask for permission if the
situation requires it but this completely changes what i am shooting.

i am trying my best to steal people's souls, a fraction of a second at a
time, upskirt or not.

doug

--
doug kim