Subject: [Leica] Photojournalists and permission
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Apr 20 08:20:12 2005

Ok, so let me se if I really understand this.

a) In the USA, anyone in a public place is free game to be photographed.

b) But, if the individual is recognizable in the shot, there are
certain caveats
to selling then image.

So, is a street photographer still able to sell that image to a
gallery, or as a book
as long as the editorial aspect doesn't slander or misrepresent the
subject?

Would Winogrand be in jail these days?

Anyone?

Feli