Subject: [Leica] Let's Just Say That Leica Survives and....
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Apr 20 21:57:03 2005

Mark,

I have not had a 4x6 machine print made in at least 15 years. I am
comparing output sizes of A4 or A3. I have taken my digital files to a
custom lab and had them printed using the Lambda process with stunning
results. So my statement about digital having caught up with film as far
as I am concerned is not based on machine prints.

My comment regarding the price point was more from a marketing point of
view--I do not believe that Leica will sell enough digital bodies at
6-7K to ever make money from it. It will be another R8, financially
speaking.

If Leica (or Epson or somebody) had an M-compatible digital rangefinder
with rangefinder specs similar to a Leica M in terms of accuracy at a
price point of 2500 EUR or less, then I would have bought one in a
heartbeat to use with my M lenses. Unfortunately, such an animal did not
exist last year and does not exist now.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman