Subject: [Leica] Let's Just Say That Leica Survives and....
From: tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton)
Date: Thu Apr 21 06:49:25 2005

> No Digital M = No Leica
>
> I feel that there would be a substantial market for a digital camera
> with an M finder and operating controls designed for actual photography
> rather than a bazillion different "features".
>
> John Collier

I really think this is a Leica Users pipe dream.

I can't see the market for such a camera (at the price it would go for), at
least one made by Leica being anywhere close to substantial.

At best it would be a percentage of the market for the regular M. Most
journalists aren't going to buy one - it's too late and too expensive. The
rich Doctor, Dentist, Lawyer market has already gone about 98% digital. The
enthusiasts who aren't dyed in the wool Luggers have either sold off their
Leicas to pay for going digital, or maybe have one in a cupboard they
haven't used for close to two years now.

I think it's a dream for a few enthusiasts now.

tim a

who has yet to go digital (at least with my own cameras...)

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Let's Just Say That Leica Survives and....)