Subject: [Leica] A First
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Apr 21 10:43:42 2005

>As others have said $3 bucks or higher a gallon is a piece of cake,
>visit Canada and pay $1.15 a litre and climbing. I suppose that
>works out to over $4.00 a gallon but still much cheaper than many
>other countries around the planet.

$1.15CDN a litre is $3.57US a gallon, but most of that difference is
taxation difference. What you should really compare it to is the
price in Atlanta, which produces no oil but where the executives sit.

>So relax and when it gets to $7-8 dollars a gallon then I suppose
>you might have something to cry about... but until then you guys are
>laughing.
>
>Now if some body would only figure out a way or a vehicle to run on
>salt water we might all have it made. ;-)
>
>ted

In the US the Prius sort of makes sense, if you drive a _lot_.
Mainly, you get the benefit of driving a car which is somewhat more
socially responsible. In Europe, turbodiesels, which are a huge
portion of the market, make sense. The premium you pay for a diesel
car is less than the premium for a Prius, diesel fuel is cheaper than
gas and there is a huge choice of a lot of models from all
manufacturers. Some get substantially better mileage than the Prius
and many handle better or have other features.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] A First)