Subject: [Leica] A First
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Apr 21 11:04:30 2005

Right now you can't BUY a diesel in California because of particulate
emissions issues and diesel is more expensive than regular unleaded
and maybe mid-grade. At least in the Sacramento area but I think
that's true state-wide.

I gather this is really a fuel problem and not an engine problem, that
the low-particulate fuels are going to be required in 2006 or
something. I admit I'm hazy.

Of course some folks are going around to the deep fat frying shops,
buying up the old oil, and after some filtration and purification are
running that in their old diesels. There's quite a bit of discussion
about this on the net which you can find via your search engine of
choice.

I like hybrids, I like the idea of hydrogen even more - especially if
there were roof-top solar arrays for electricity production. We waste
so much collection space - every time I fly into Phoenix I imagine a
solar array on every roof and ponder the elimination of the Glen
Canyon Dam.

Adam

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] A First (very OT))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] A First)