Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm film cameras
From: bonvini at optonline.net (Jay)
Date: Sun Apr 24 09:32:05 2005

These matte paintings were usually done on very large plates of glass, a few
places still have them, but in some cases the glass was cleaned and reused.
One could check with the various matte services that are still out there
(Matte World Digital ((I think)) is one) they keep some but mostly for
nostalgia reasons. Hard to get them to part with them.
An interesting side to the animation cells - since the majority of the
animation is done digitally, a lot of houses are creating "cells" to sell.

Jay Ignaszewski