Subject: [Leica] A walk during the "golden hour" (non-Leica)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 26 01:32:37 2005

On 4/25/05 9:44 PM, "Peter Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net> typed:

> Here's a quartet from a walk during the "golder hour."  All on the E-1 with
> an old silvernosed OM 50/3.5 macro, handheld.  Warning, violation of the
> "no pets rule" ahead.  Who made up that stupid rule, anyway?  :-)
>
> A "head shot"  (a 50mm is a great portrait lens on the E-1, with its 2x
> magnification):
> http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/E1/P4190807Harpo.jpg
>
> Here's one where I wasn't close enough, nor was my lens long enough. But
> there it was. So I evoked the ancient LUG wisdom ("Just take the @#$%ing
> picture") and cropped later.  Really loved the low angle rimlight:
> http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/E1/P4190801HarpoRimlight.jpg
>
> "Hey, I can shoot pretty flowers" stuff:
> http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/E1/P4190797blossoms.jpg
> http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/E1/P4190802Laurel.jpg
>
> Enjoy!
> --Peter

If there's a no pets rule I say it be relinquished immediately if not
sooner.

I picked up A 55MM 3.5 macro today for my Leikon FE2.
I'm excited as heck about using it as I have this afternoon but it got dark
fast. Of course when you're using it it's twice focal length in effect. But
at least its nice and compact.

Great shot Peter! Stupendous!

Mark Rabiner
Photography