Subject: [Leica] MP vs. M6 noise
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Tue Apr 26 12:38:45 2005

Here's how I put it a few years ago in an article for the LHSA Viewfinder
about my two black M2 Leicas:.

"Like a harnessed team, I pushed them to haul the visionary load, then
groomed them with chamois cloth at the end of the day, clicked the shutters
through all the speeds, ostensibly to keep them loose, but mostly just to
hear that delicious sound. A Leica is funny - you hardly notice it in your
hands when you?re seeing and shooting; only when the work is done do you
feel the need to pay it some fond attention."

The whole article is at http://northcoastphotos.com/article1.html
Gary Todoroff
(Tree LUGger)

And Ted also wrote Re: selling an M7:

> it feels like I'm selling one of [my] children.

Yes Ted they're tools and through using them and relying on them we form
emotional attachments to them.  Forgive the obsession some of us have with
the shutter wave form, the VF flare and other such minutia.  We're
emotionally attached to them too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com