Subject: [Leica] OT: 35mm film cameras
From: anders.nygren at gmail.com (Anders Nygren)
Date: Tue Apr 26 13:21:38 2005

On 4/26/05, grduprey@aol.com <grduprey@aol.com> wrote:
> The reason I brought this up is, At the end of the film Last Waltz by
> Martin Scorsese, during the Jam session, the film abruptly stops and there
> is a written notice that 35 mm cameras are not built to run for the
> periods they were used to film the jam session which was around 6 hrs.
> I'm sure they had to stop and change film and so they were off during the
> film changes.  Anybody have any insight to this?

Well, I dont claim to have any firsthand knowledge on this, but in the
commentary
or documentary on the DVD, he, Scorsese,  mentioned that a lot of sync motors
died during the filming.

/Anders

Replies: Reply from bonvini at optonline.net (Jay) ([Leica] OT: 35mm film cameras)
Message from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] OT: 35mm film cameras)