Subject: [Leica] Some new Leica photos ...
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 04:37:20 2005

Hmmm.  I don't save in TIFF as it takes up  too much real estate on my
drives.  I save as high quality jpeg, usually  around 300 ppi (Negs, of
course get a
much higher ppi).

Then if I  edit the shot, I save it as another name , preserving the
original
scan.   Jpeg gets lossy if you save it over and over, so always edit a
duplicate of the  original scan.

I also do any unsharp masking after the resizing  and before I "save for
web," remembering to tick the box "save icc  profile."

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches,  Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?,  crawfish

In a message dated 4/26/2005 11:41:28 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,