Subject: [Leica] Doing your Kid's Wedding
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Wed Apr 27 06:23:16 2005

Frank Fillipone wrote:

"How tacky would it be for me to take pictures at the wedding / reception?"

Frank, I took photos at my daughter's wedding.  My wife yelled at me for
doing so.  I used my M6 and available light during the ceremony and some
flash at the reception and rehearsal etc.  But we did hire a
professional photographer too and I made sure I stayed out of his way.

Afterward I was rewarded and praised as I had photos to show the next
morning (from a 1- hour lab.) Everybody oohed and ahhhhed. These were
the only photos we had to share in the family for about 8 months before
the photographer delivered the final albums.  I made small albums for
the wedding party and the groom's parents. I am especially glad I did
because the groom's father was sick and could not attend the wedding.
And he died before his album came. My photos were the only ones he saw.

Now that I think of it, I can't remember a time I regret making photos.
 Go ahead, Frank. With your trusty M camera. you will get photos no one
else will and you will not bother anyone but your wife.  However she
will thank you later. Mine did.

Ken Lassiter

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Doing your Kid's Wedding)