Subject: [Leica] Passover with the 50 DR Summicron
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Apr 28 00:19:34 2005

I just acquired a nice, recently CLAed DR 50 Summicron.  The DR was my
first Leica lens ever, back in the 70s.  Sold it long ago, regretted doing
so ever since.  So I'm about to find out if nostalgia is what it used to be.

I didn't really buy the DR as an available light lens, but this was the
first opportunity I had to really try it out.  The film is the discontinued
consumer Kodak BW 400 (C41), which a lab gave me after a bad processing
experience.  It's OK, but T400CN is better.  I'll have to shoot a roll of
Tri-X and another of Provia to really get the feel for the lens.  So far I
like what I see, though.  These are all shot at f/2 - 2.8.

http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/15DannyMatzah.jpg
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/16Craig.jpg
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/25JoyceCraig.jpg
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/24Natasha.jpg