Subject: [Leica] Re: digital transformation
From: jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB)
Date: Thu Apr 28 11:15:07 2005

At 07:35 PM 4/27/2005, Don Dory wrote:

>So I guess what I am really wondering is, how many of us on the list are
>somewhat nostalgic for film, or have genuinely embraced the digital
>revolution?

For me, it is film 100%. I do have a small Sony P&S digital for simple
snapshots of stuff. E-mail, eBay, etc. I use a Hasselblad Superwide and 800
print film for snapshots of birthdays, graduations, other family events,
etc. Digital need not apply!

My photographic endeavor is fine art prints, the smallest typically being
20x24, and the largest, so far, being 48x60. I sometimes get requests for
smaller prints. Just yesterday, I got a request for a 12x24 and a 20x20.
These have been printed as 24x48 and 48x48 respectively. I photograph for
maximum size possibilities. I shoot mostly chrome (Fuji Velvia) and some
B&W (APX-100). Sometimes HIE.

I use whatever format that I deem needed to produce the resulting prints in
the size I envision. LF, MF, or I sometimes use either an M6 or R7 when I
know, for a fact, that I will not have to print larger than 20x24.

J (film) B