Subject: [Leica] The Sage, Some Thyme
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun May 1 19:46:55 2005

Thanks to all who commented on my initial sage shots at

http://www.bobbaron.com/Sage28Apr05/index.htm

Results are in and only Number 2 received no positive votes.

I have often heard it said 'If you have to explain *why* you took a
photograph, the shot is a failure'.  In spite of that I'll say my reason
for shooting the sage flowers was the unusual amount of them; I was
trying to illustrate a flowering in the herb garden well in excess of
what we've had in years past.

I went back out this weekend and did some more shooting, still trying to
convey the extent of the flowering as opposed to the beauty of a single
flower.  All shots with Leica glass (as indicated) on a Canon 1DMk2;
images 10 and 11 are of course thyme:

http://www.bobbaron.com/SageThymeSpring05/index.htm

--Bob Baron / Oklahoma City

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The Sage, Some Thyme)