Subject: [Leica] RE: digital/film/guitar debate
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Mon May 2 13:45:32 2005

 would have to compare a leica to almost any musical intrument actually. The
nuances one can aquire from an electric guitar certainly compare. The tone
of a fine wood found in an acoustic certainly compare. The astounding number
of dorks who collect either type of guitar without actually knowing how to
use them certainly compare. ;)
Agreed!  Unlike the guitar or Leica I was a master musician at the trumpet
for years and years...every conceivable venue and style...Classical, jazz,
dance band, mariachi, church, shows...I always loved the guitar...spent most
the 60's either in Wrigley Field or Old Town in Chicago...Knew and drank
with (who didn't) John Prine, Steve Goodman, Bonnie Koloc, the Holsteins,
Bob Gibson (They were just local bar musicians back then) somebody gave me
the Yairi (which is a D 18 copy) I picked up the N20 along the way...The
Leica ? Well I figure all the drinks I have not had the past 22 years,
cigarettes the past 21, cable bills (never owned a tv) go a long ways
towards indulging me in my hobby..