Subject: [Leica] Pens: thoughts before I leave
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon May 2 19:55:44 2005

I think that the Mont Blancs are terribly overrated. The best nib I have
found among my set (about 40 pens) is the Sheaffer. I have yet to get a
Shaeffer with a scratchy nib. My Pelikans have flexible nibs, giving
your writing a calligraphy effect, but at the expense of more friction.
To look at some choices, check out www.fountainpenhospital.com.

I am going to get a Sailor next (okay, no tittering). It is reputed to
have a good nib. I have a $650 Mont Blanc Oscar Wilde limited edition
that my wife bought me for my birthday the year we were married. The
jerks at Mont Blanc took the liberty of correcting the spelling of my
name to Jeffrey. So I have a very expensive scratchy pen with a
misspelled name on it.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com