Subject: [Leica] Peter provokes contentious controversy
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 4 15:48:35 2005

In a message dated 5/4/2005 10:40:55 A.M. Dateline Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:
I wouldn't be quite as harsh as all that.  I think it captured a nice  slice
of life, much more along the lines of quirky SonC than artiste BD.  I  like
the shot.  It would have, of course been a better shot with a Leica  black
paint
MP and a new summilux, but hey, it was a nice catch.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

Okay,  Peter, you asked - Peter would get more comments had it been a strong
photo.  As it is it's an idea more than a photo. Unfortunately, between the
peacocks,  the table and umbrella, the other people, etc., it's too damned
cluttered an  image to work as I assume you wanted it to work. I have to
really
struggle to  see the camera in the hooks. Beyond that, there's the question
of
what makes  this 'special' other than the fact that the guy without arms is
using his  hooks to take a picture. My guess is he wouldn't think it was a
worthy
of a  photo - given what armless, and legless people can accomplish, taking
photos  comes in pretty low on the humdrum list.

B.  D.