Subject: [Leica] PAW 2005-03: Birding along the Kamogawa River (aka Doug Herr, help!)
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu May 5 06:26:25 2005

Ken,
your mail just took me back years ago, as a child we had the "Ladybird
Book of Common Birds". There was one description that always stuck in my
mind although this is 45 years ago - "The Black Headed Gull can easily
be recognised by its red legs and feet".

Books don't change either, we now have a German bird guide which
describes the size of a Common Thrush as being "Smaller than a Bussard"
but nowhere in the book does it tell you how big a bussard is.
cheers.
Douglas

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] PAW 2005-03: Birding along the Kamogawa River (aka Doug Herr, help!))