Subject: [Leica] Cornwall
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Thu May 5 07:10:58 2005

Didier,

If you are very fastidious about finder quality this is not the camera
for you. For some reason I have never seemed to mind dim finders,
perhaps its all the carrots I eat. This is a dim finder and there is
no getting around that. Having said that, the body size is very
leica-like, especially if you have a shorter lens on. Its an intuitive
camera, is decently quiet for an SLR, and as B. D. has said before,
the B&W mode on this thing is as close to perfect as one can expect
from B&W imaging.

I have to admit that one reason I went with this camera was that I
wanted to get a hand in the four thirds system. The current crop of
lenses are stunningly sharp, especially the 11-22mm. I am looking
forward to seeing how the bodies develop between a supposed Oly E2 and
the Panasonic SLR and that is why I didn't mind spending less on the
E300 now so I can wait for more choices later.

I am happy with it and it is dominating my shooting right now. Still,
if you are a "Leica viewfinder-fastidious user" I cannot imagine you
would be happy with that aspect. Nothing beats picking it up in a dark
camera store and trying to focus manually with it though ;)

Cheers,

Dave