Subject: [Leica] More photos added, Zeiss Planar 50mm/2
From: keirst at fas.harvard.edu (Steven Keirstead)
Date: Fri May 6 13:06:55 2005

>philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
>  Date: Thu May 5 15:18:02 2005
>
>Steven,
>What film did you use?
>Thanks,
>Philippe

Salut Pilippe,

I use a variety of color print films, not having settled on one since
Kodak discontinued the wonderful Supra 200. I like the Fuji NPC 160
so far, so that may be my leading candidate to replace Supra. No
doubt Fuji will release some improved version that will require
different color balances.

I make my own prints in a home darkroom with a Fujimoto CP31
processor, and homemade chemistry. I have mostly been printing on
Fuji Crystal Archive Type C paper, but I am starting to use Kodak
Ultra Endura for some of my prints on 11X14" paper, to make lower
contrast subjects pop.

See below for films/conditions used for the four CZ Planar images.

At 3:38 PM -0400 5/6/05, <keirst@fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>Hi LUGgers,
>
>See : http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~keirst/  again for more new
>pictures.
>
>Those interested in the Zeiss Ikon 50mm/2 Planar ZM can se examples
>with these pages:
>
>http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~keirst/boston/boston13.html

Fuji NPC 160 rated at about 40 ISO, Tripod Mounted M7, f/5.6, 15 sec.

>http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~keirst/boston/boston16.html

Fuji NPC 160 rated at 125 ISO, Handheld M7, f/5.6.

>http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~keirst/boston/boston17.html

Kodak Portra 800, rated at 500 ISO, Handheld Hexar RF, f/5.6.

>http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~keirst/boston/boston21.html

Fuji NPC 160 rated at 125 ISO, Handheld Hexar RF, f/2.8, 1/4000s.

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] More photos added, Zeiss Planar 50mm/2)