Subject: [Leica] more rock and roll
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Mon May 9 15:39:25 2005

Two of my Tuesday/Saturday crew performed a gig in Wmsbg last Friday,
which I attended with a DAT deck and an Olympus E1.  They were made with
the 11-22 2.8/3.5.

Here're the boys:

http://cmbrow.people.wm.edu/photography/PAW/clark02.htm

Here's part of the crowd:

http://cmbrow.people.wm.edu/photography/PAW/clark01.htm

The fellow on the far right, Mike, is taping the show, or nodding off,
can't recall which.

I was going for a sort of 60s photo look, using low power bounce flash,
which is an utterly novel experience for me.  There're a lot of head
shots for the performers, but these I like best.

Also, many thanks for the comments on "Gail" and the "Wedding" shots
relative to cropping and focus.  Alas, I don't think that the shot was
out of focus so much as that I can't reliably hold steady at 1/30 and
below.  I found a lot of motion blur in all the slow speed images.
Drat.

Comments, derision, etc.

Cheers!

Chandos