Subject: [Leica] Nikon D2X review
From: patrick at photo.net (Patrick (Washington, DC))
Date: Mon May 9 20:32:09 2005

incidently, Digital Journalist just released their D2X review tonight.

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0505/harrity.html

"...maybe even the best out there at the moment."

Not really a review IMO, rather a(nother) love letter that doesn't address
the key concerns.

My real question is that with no differentiation between pro/full-frame
sensor and APS-C sized
sensor, and "only" 12MP, how will Nikon be able to introduce a D100
replacement that will steal
the thunder of Canon's 20D without eating into sales of the D2X? Launching a
8MP "D200" 1 1/2
years after Canon's 20D launch isn't very competitive, even if they put a
2-2.5" LCD on it.

I'm confused about Nikon's strategy to stay competitive in this area.
Needless to say, we would
all benefit by some strong competion.

cheers,

p.