Subject: [Leica] Any experience with Leica Olympus E1 adapter?
From: prince_alfie at yahoo.com (Albert Wang)
Date: Wed May 11 09:41:54 2005

Hi folks,

I just found out that there is a Leica-R (and Contax
manual) to Olympus digital E-1 adapter. This is very
exciting since I plan to pick up a Evolt300 for dirt
cheap. Any official opinions or experiences with this?

I suspect that since the Evolt300 has a multiplication
factor of 2x that all of my Leica R-lenses will be
twice multiplied in focal length. This is exciting
since I can get a smaller R-digital without using the
R modular digital back which looks very heavy. In
fact, that back has a smaller multiplication factor
too.

I like Stephen Gandy's allusion to lens adapters of
all sorts. The fact that you can jam a Leica lens onto
a Canon or Olympus digital body is way more economical
and practical than the rather pricey solution that
Leica seems to offer.

Just too bad that we don't have any digital M
rangefinders which are inexpensive (brr.... epson...)

Alfie