Subject: [Leica] P 51 Flight time reminder. :-)
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Fri May 13 10:26:36 2005

>We did it with an Airfix HMS Victorious, the aircraft carrier. Emptied the
>powder out of half a dozen bangers into the hull, added some grindings from
>pencil sharpener (pure magnesium!!) and put a whole banger in as a
>detonator, it
>floated beautifully on the local pond - at first!
>Douglas

My best one was with a 3"long model of the USS Constitution. She was fully
rigged with cloth sails.  Put her in the water with a cherry bomb in the
center hatch. She took on enough water (two piece
hull) so she was stable in the water, a slight breeze came up and she heeled
over a bit and ran with the wind. Then, KaBloom, she split amid ships and
sank,, looked like something out of a movie,, it
was beautiful man!!